CIC was founded in 1947 and was one of the first incorporated companies in the newly independent Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Our growth and reputation has grown hand in hand with the development of Jordan as a country, and we are pleased to have reached our 65th year of operations.
As one of the oldest Ford dealers in the world having held the franchise since 1947, we take great pride in the brands that we represent and have earned major accolades from many of the manufacturers we are distributers for. The Company was established by Shehadeh Twal senior, and grew into a major trading presence in the country, building a strong reputation for quality and service. With the untimely demise of our founder, the company passed in to the hands of Shehadeh Twal junior, and is still to this day owned entirely by the family group.
Expansion and innovation as well as an eagerness to exploit new opportunities, has led us to being at the forefront of our business whether by becoming the distributor for Suzuki Motor Company in the 1960's or by branching out into the export business, being one of the first companies to take advantage of Jordan's Free Zone company status, and allowing us to become a regional operation building on our strong Jordanian roots.
Within Jordan CIC has grown in to the premier Automotive and Equipment group, holding the distributorships for some of the world's number one brands in their categories. CASE Construction Equipment, TADANO Cranes, UD Trucks, Ferrari Truck-Mounted Cranes, Powerscreen Screens & Crushers and Motorcraft parts are seen by us and many others as at the forefront of their particular segments, offering world leading and innovative goods and services, and we are proud to represent them.